Thursday, December 15, 2011

Games I'm especially Excited About for 2012

With the possibility the world is ending, if the following things come out and I have the money to play them, I will be greatly excited


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Guild wars still has a few of the conventional things about rpgs I am probably not going to like
1) Level Grinding - :C I don't want to waste time on annoying stuff to get to the things I'm excited about
2) Items Necessity - :C I don't want to have to get the right items t be competitive

PVP is what I'm most excited for in this game
-The team work aspect where different skills combining with eachother is very exciting
--what I'm especially worried about is the necessity of nuking in the game

I'm hoping for the game to be centered around each players intimidation potential and space control

Space control is in general what I find most interesting about MMORPG's PvP gameplay
-Using Wards to make players want to avoid certian areas
-Using Buffs to cause opponents to make sure they are avoiding a souped up ally
-focus firing each a weak opponent

This is what I'm hoping for, Especially the wards.
Wards and buffs, focus firing has become so common and redundant that I worry there is no imbetween. Lack of hail marrys, lack of team work, etc



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is more than just another update for minecraft seemingly endless release schedule, but rather a patch that will actually do more for the game than many of its features

Mods give players oppertunities, and I think I'm not alone when I believe that minecraft is an incredible platform for just about any 3d action platformer type game including
1) MMORPGs-With the right server strength and amount of people, this game already is adept for expanding endlessly making Quest, currency and proper mmo combat system all it truelly needs
-  -NPC System
-  -Quest System
-  -Dungeon System
-  -Currency System
-  -Proper Camera System
2) FPS-This was one of my first thoughts with minecraft, incredible oppertunity to create a properly balanced FPS
-  -Weapons system and balancing
-  -Cover system
-  -Biome development FPS
3) 3d fighter-Definitly a possibily
-  -Proper Camera System
-  -Weapon Development
-  -  -Horizontal, Vertical, quick attack and low attack system
-  -  -Grab system
-  -  -Proper Biome Development


In general Mods allow Minecraft to be so much more than it currently is, I'm excited to see what can come of it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally heart of the swarm

Now, I personally am not truelly excited about this game but by the oppertunity to have a better balance focus

Maybe warcraft 3 spoiled me but the idea that they can add in units as a patch (Fire Lord, Goblin Alchemest) makes me feel they could have done the same for starcraft.

But a huge difference between starcraft and warcraft is that there are no nuetral heroes.
And the inclusion would probably cause imbalance due to different races having different income rates

But, when it comes down to it, I'm excited to see these new zerg units in action
-Swarm Host-The new lurkers is what I'm most excited for. Upgrade melee attack, ground carapce, have a constant stream of heavy duty units that will actually make it to the terran buildings

i'm also significantly interested in the viper
-Though honestly, I don't think zerg needs a new detector unit, but I am interested in the new pull in ability

The new pull in ability is something that I thought could be tied into something more appropiate
What I was considering was this
-Giant Frog unit
-Unamarmored, massive, biological

its purpose would be to pull units in, except instead of letting your own units take them out, they would be devoured (similar to the orc kodobeast in wc3). On death, would leave the unit in a webbed and grounded state.

Hive Tech Would allow it to pull in Massive units

This would be good against a good amount of tech units, though since they are so massive and with minimal armor (and probably health also) they would be taken out pretty simply


When it comes to protoss though, I'm pretty dissappointed in their new direction for them
I've seen protoss as this Beefy Science based race, not much of a race of gimmicks, but rather unit efficiency with the proper micro
-With the reaver, players put a bet on each scarab being worth its weight. 
-With the Colloses, Players were shown, high vulnerability is worth the price for high grounded damage output
-Blink Stalker micro is one of the best things that has happened to protoss
-Zealots still act as the backbone and the templars/archons still have their place
-The Pheonix are incredible units
-Void Ray Charge up time is worth it 

Now, flyers are where Protoss seems to have had problems in the ideas department
1) The carrier is one of those, Risk reward units. 
350 minerals, 250 gas

plus 25 minierals a peice per interceptor
-8 with proper upgrade

Making it a total
550 minerals, 250 gas

Never mind the fact each one of these interceptors may die forcing you to remake each one

But thats the thing, carriers are distractor units and with simple focus firing the whole system is simply done away with. Thus the distraction, without proper micro is easily foiled

I don't like the idea of the new air units, The new harrass, the new Anti Air
both don't sound very risk reward oriented and that troubles me. Not very protoss like, not micro intensive



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So those are my thoughts about the games I'm excited about,

All three of these I'll probably be dissappointed by.
Guildwars-Won't live up to my PVP expectations
Minecraft-Modders won't make anything interesting
Heart of the Swarm-They probably won't balance it properly nor will the units really feel that great. I really don't want to see the ultras have that burrow charge

nonetheless, Three awesome games that are potentially the future of their respective fields

No comments:

Post a Comment