A little rant while working on my website,
I was working on one of my old projects that I stopped taking care of since Youtube went from version 1 to version 2 amoung other reasons. And now googles on version 3.0 of the api.
Now let me start by saying the documentation is Spectacular
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/
One of the things I really like about the documentation is they tell you how each of the requested items are going to be returned
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/channels
And then shows you ways to retreive, put, remove, etc those for that specific item
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/channels/list
But one thing I need is ordering the elements
-The reason I can't do this on my server is because I would have to download every single video and then order them the way I desire.
Thats a bit intense considering apis are meant to be quick access to information
The big problem for me is that I need to access a users videos through their username
-certian users like the onion have a space in their title making the user title absolutely useless
A little experimentation and I've found you can use the channelID from 3.0 for 2.0 requests which is nice
That being said, its nice I still have the version 2 api available to me, however its still a bit upsetting considering how awesome the new Api is
No comments:
Post a Comment