I know... Use libraries....
Why reinvent the wheel?
Because thats one of the things I love to do, and if you don't do what you love, what are you good for?
-doing what you don't love, I guess?....
ANYWAY
I'm currently working on intergrating websockets into my Java application so that I can run my game online. However I kept on coming up with the same issue "hostname is null"
So what do I do?
What I do is go through the through each step to figure out what is going on.
That means going through the java_websocket source code Brought to you by an awesome group of people
So I went through it, step by step trying to figure out where things wrong.
Finally I discovered where the error was but I just couldn't figure out why it was being caused.
Why was the host null?
Take steps back, forward and 3 days and about 16 hours later google brought me to the answer
Now, this isn't truelly a bug, its actually part of the schematics, in a way
Underscores are improper for Urls, so it shouldn't register properly
However, it should at least produce a malformed URI error
That being said, I finally got everything working, web is able to interact with node.js, java is able to interact with node.js and everything is dandy in the world :)
It was a hassle to get there though, and got me pretty scared

No comments:
Post a Comment