Thursday, February 9, 2012

HTML and CSS as a Standard Interface for Desktop Applications

There's a reason why I enjoy web programming a whole lot more than I enjoy Desktop Programming

And it has everything to do with the GUI

"What you see is What you get" has become a sort of grand Idea that will allow designers to design and eventually so that Programmers can do what they do best: Problem Solve. However, until that happens in an effective way, we are required to make the User Interface

There is light at the end of the tunnel though, HTML javascript and CSS
HTML, Javascript and CSS has made Front end development seperate. SEPERATE

Seperate is good, why is seperate good?
Because When I'm building an application, generally I'm messing Changing, altering, Retreiving and etc data

In order to keep my different Functions, objects or pages seperate, i generally use more than one document Especially since there can be a lot of

When I think of Data, I can understand Objects, I can understand Arrays, I can understand Fucntions

When it comes to interfaces.....
java
-Swing Objects.... :C (I have to create each one and place them into each of the panels)
-Event instances..... :C (I have to use a function after I create each object)
-Swing properties.... :C (I have to apply each one individually)

vs

html

-div, button, ul, li and general tree order :3 (the basic layout makes sense and stuff)

-onclick, onmouseover, etc :3 (All on the HTML)
-Css styling all a sperate document :3

Simple, Easy, etc
Right now I've been reading up on Josh Marinacci and he has written some great articles on incorperating XML, HTML and CSS into Java. And for someone that can be lazy like myself, this would be a very very nice addition

No comments:

Post a Comment